Words from the President
How can BSOP help the Church?
It has been several months now since I received the charge to continue the important ministry of BSOP. As God is my witness, it was with fear and trepidation that I considered this invitation knowing the heavy burden and responsibility at hand. It is only if God would supply wisdom and strength that would I dare venture into this task.
Two critical Scriptures have comforted, encouraged, inspired, and led me during my time of prayer until now.
First, Ephesians 5:25b, "... as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her ..."
As our Lord loves the church, I too must love the church, and give my utmost to support, sustain, and strengthen the body of Christ, particularly among the Chinese-Filipino churches. In the same way, BSOP must love the church, and give itself fully for the church.
Second, Ephesians 4:12, "to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up."
It should be very clear that our job is NOT to do the works of service of God's people, but to prepare (exhort and equip) them for works of service. That's how Christ’s Body is built up!
How effective is BSOP in preparing God's people to serve among and through the Chinese-Filipino churches? This is what BSOP should be all about. How can BSOP help the church?
- BSOP must cultivate dynamic, effective, and dedicated FACULTY and STAFF committed to the Lord, and particularly the Lord’s work among the Chinese-Filipino.
- BSOP must extend care for the SPIRITUAL GROWTH of pastors and church leaders, particularly in Chinese-Filipino churches.
- BSOP must help pastors and church leaders identify and nurture SPIRITUAL GIFTEDNESS of their members in the area of Christian service and ministry.
- BSOP must provide comprehensive and effective SPIRITUAL TRAINING in Christian service and ministry.
- BSOP must encourage and train for CROSS-CULTURAL MISSION to develop the heart and mind of Christ.
- BSOP must support and equip EVANGELISM and CHURCH PLANTING among the New Immigrants in our communities.
- BSOP must promote and develop CHRISTIAN SCHOLARSHIP to deepen the church’s foundation in truth and faith.
- BSOP must serve the church with CREATIVITY, FLEXIBILITY, INTERGRITY, and EXCELLENCE for the glory of God.
Would you join us to glorify Christ and bless His Church? That’s what BSOP is all about!